PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Cash For Wasted Trips?
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 07:12
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have been on the outside looking in at a recent charlie uniform in the recruitment stakes.

A good candidate was sifted out but no reason given but the guess is age. A prefered candidate, yup, the one who would have got the job, dropped out as he got a better offer.

Then one candidate was not invited to do the selection tests although that was not a show stopper -really?

When HR finally scored and failed to tell the interviewees in sufficient time to attend the interviews. Doh!

I got shafted that way once too, should have gone to tribunal. I got the letter inviting me to interview on a Friday with the interview the following week. Only thing was, the letter had been signed off 2 weeks earlier. When I asked for a different date I was told that that was the only date available for one of the panel.

As it happened that person was my boss. When I asked him he told me they asked him if that date was suitable - he could have done any date. Conspiracy.