PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FDM
Thread: FDM
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 04:57
Variable Load

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the comments. I have discussed the perceptions and fears of the guys on the front line with MP on a number of occasions. He has also witnessed it for himself. My understanding is that he has, unfortunately, limited input into the management of the GO FDM program.

I have absolutely no doubt that MPs data analysis role in the program is rock solid and professionally handled.

It is the next part of the process that might have it's weaknesses. And I fully accept that this might simply be down to poor communication. The bottom line is that there is nothing that the CHC GO line pilot can refer to that explains how the data is going to be used and who is going to use it. The fact that operations are geographically diverse makes effective communication even more crucial.

There is a lot of scepticism at a local level. One major issue is that they feel they do not have any protection. As you have been at the cutting edge of HFDM for a long time I know that you will agree that a positive perception of how the program is run is probably the most fundamental part of it working correctly.

I am a big HFDM fan. As such I believe the Company should be shouting about it's great program from the rooftops so that every pilot knows what it is all about and how it works. All we see is not so much 'shouting', but something more akin to 'Chinese whispers'.

The Q & S Summit in Vancouver would be an ideal opportunity to have the issues discussed. Unfortunately I am on tour at the moment, so personal involvement would be difficult, although I will use email to put my concerns across to GW.

This thread is very Company specific, so I apologise to the wider audience for continuing the thread. However it is a great medium to reach other GO pilots and get some feedback on an important topic.