PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 21st Mar 2009, 01:10
stjohnsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some data on the CHI91 incident

As I am living near St John's, I know a few people connected with the victims or their families. Apparently our survivor is doing well but his injuries are significant. Rumor has it that fuel is involved in his lung issues even though press reports only mention salt water. I heard today that his injuries may include fractured pelvis and vertebrae.

I was told by a frequent passenger that the Cougar seating configuration has one rear facing seat and that this may explain Robert Decker's survival. Apparently most remains were released quickly after the first post-mortem examinations produced consistent results.

Remember this is word of mouth to me, an outsider, from more than one person closer to those involved (but not part of the official investigation).

Those of you with professional expertise may wish to review reports that TSB found a fractured titanium stud inside the MGB. There is apparently an outstanding maintenance item related to this part.