PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 23:01
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger,

If you re-read my post above I think you will find that I also stated that the LH CSD's want to protect the current status quo as they are the ones who benefit the most from it. They are aware that the current system treats new entrants poorly. However, if you get rid of a lot of the 'uncertainty' applicable to dropped trips and missed payments due to restrictive working practices, put them into a stable roster coupled with a fixed rate then you can guarantee your wage at the end of the month and budget accordingly. The allowances are averaged and then applied to the basic per sector/flying hour.

Everyone has big bills to pay and, to be honest, just about everyone lives to their means and a pay cut hurts just as much as the outgoings will be, proportionately, the same. Strike action will not help anyone. Everyone needs to be grown up about this. If the share price tumbles and the value of the company becomes such that a hostile takeover is on the books then look carefully at both your current contract and the one BA is proposing now. Because, guaranteed, the one you get foisted on yourself after a take over is going to be a whole lot more painful! Either that or the dole queue.

It's a democracy (supposedly) so it's your choice.