PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 22:06
Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really don`t want the honest truth believe me.

Its a case of more you have the more you have to lose.

The new contract crew don`t have that much to lose. Old contract perhaps more. Now that the "wish list" has been published on pprune, you do the maths.

New contract crew pay scales Feb2008 main crew

year 0 11338
year 1 11621
year 2 11905
year 3 12259
year 4 12967
year 5 13820
year 6 14668
year 7 15696
year 8 16524

years 9-12 were put in place after the last lot of non sense

year 9 17496
year 10 18360
year 11 19224
year 12 20088

now cut those meal allowances..

people live to what they are paid generally and of course more as been proved over the last few months.

So new contract crew take pay cuts (ie removal of allowances etc) so lets take someone on scale 8 years service. £1377 before tax/NI. Now lets pay some bills.. rent? mortgage? Around Heathrow area? Council tax.. now remember some council tax is going to be big this year due to Icelandic banking... water bills electric gas petrol

So be honest what does a new contract crew member have left? mmmm so they can`t pay the mortgage? sell there accommodation? or get repo-ed?
So you loose your property, credit card debts rise, CCJ`s mount up...etc..

With all that on the offer plate I think you will find some very surprising answers, and most will be to fight for something. If they lose they have at least fort, they may win or lose...

now I have tried to put this as carefully and as pleasantly as I can; Its not to knock anybody here. But I think the new contract crew rates needed to be published, I don`t know the old ones. But the wish list hurts the lower paid crew members much more than your old contract LH CSD`s.

And no you wouldn`t like my answer to that question your asking.