PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 20th Mar 2009, 18:42
Stratus Fractus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Sad News!

I think this is very sad news. HFS employed several instructors and has over the years sent many more on to Eastern Airways, Flybe, Highland Airways etc.
It was an excellent facility, you could just rock up, have a chat and jump in a Tomahawk for £78? / hr. I very rarely booked ahead. Hardly any problems with availability and plenty of free hours shuttling them to Dundee for maintenance.
Many people can't afford a share or can't get a space in the hangar. I am not sure what a lot of people are going to do with their hard earned licenses now. Highland Aero Clubs internet booked Tomahawk sounds like it will be a right pain in the a_se. HFS had 4 tomahawks, 1 C172, 2 PA28. They were all well utilised. How is one PA38 going to be able to keep everyone flying? As I understand it, if you want to go to Highland Aero Club for a pee before takeoff you have to book someone to come and open it up for you. It seems completely deserted since they made HFS leave.
If you lost money from paying up front I have NO sympathy. HOW MANY threads have said DO NOT PAY UP FRONT !
I personally am sorry to see this happen to the Brooks'. They kept me flying for 7 years. Good luck P + M.