PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Tube
Thread: You Tube
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 16:26
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see what you're all so worked up about. Apart from the first maneuver, which seems to be a spin with an entry speed that's too high, or a spin deliberately initiated on a 45 degree upline, I don't see anything too extreme.

It's hard to see the scale on the g-meter, particularly with the glare of the sun, but it looks like everything was well contained between -1 and +4 g. The markings on the g-meter seem to indicate that the allowed range is from -2 to +4g.

Mind you, I don't know the aerobatics limits of a Tipsy Nipper but the presence of a g-meter suggests that at least limited aerobatics are possible. That should, at the very least, mean a spin, loop, 4-point hesitation roll, barrel roll, stall turn and cuban eight. And that's exactly what he seems to be doing in the video.

Have to admit that his roll technique, particularly the rudder work during the rolls, seems to need a bit more work. But on the other hand, the camera is not pointing directy forward but is at an angle to the instrument panel. So it's really hard to tell.

Vicvulcan, are you an aerobatics pilot? What's your issue with this guy?