PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 16:13
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz

"As the jackels are gathering again I would merely point out that immediately after the first formal briefing of the AOC by the BOI (as opposed to the initial signal) Stn Cdrs were instructed to ensure that crews partook of breakfast before flying. At Northolt, where Government Ministers always wanted to depart at 0800 hrs to impress the PM, a system was instigated whereby crews were served breakfast by In-Flight Catering after Met Brief & Flt Planning. Coincidence? Non!!"

It does rather seem to me from the above that prior to this unfortunate incident you and the rest of the aircrew at RAF Northholt were all guilty of

"knowingly flouted HQ STC Air Staff Instructions and Group Air Staff Orders whilst on Active Service." your words Sir, not mine.

The difference between Northolt and Aldergrove is that prior to that fateful day on both 72 and 230 Sqn's in flight rations were in plentiful supply and available 24/7. To me it suggests that adherence to the relevant orders with regards to catering was common place in Ireland but was, by your own admission woefully inadequate at Northolt, shame on you for your hypocrisy.