PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-introduction of Commissioning opportunities for NCA
Old 20th Mar 2009, 12:57
Sideshow Bob

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
PS, Sideshow Bob, If you can't be arsed to get your Flt Sgt up (you said it ) why do you think you'd be competetive to be given a pilot slot? A little bit of work would be reqired mate.
There's a big difference between my professional ability and my attitude to the current RAF promotion selection process. I had the drive to become Above Average in the Air on Tristars within 2 years of my posting there (no mean feet for an Air Eng), I just don't believe in spending all my spare time working when I can be spending it with my family. The problem with the current promotion system, even after all the tinkering, is that if you one of the breed who makes up for a lack of ability with doing all the bosses pet projects and odd jobs then you will probably get promoted. If you are absolutely brilliant at your job but don't do the after hours stuff then you definitely won't. The thing you miss Arty is that not everyone wants to be Chief of the Air Staff, some people just want a good job and a family life. By the way I was competitive enough to get an Aircrew slot after 14 years in a ground trade, so I think I'd be able to do it again if I had to!