PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship
Thread: BA Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 09:52
Jamin20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been reading through this post with a smile on my face so thanks guys for the entertainment. With the flight school I went to, getting put forward to BA was the carrot on the end of the stick. When starting, most of the cadets pushed themselves harder to try and get recommended at the end of the course. We all accepted that if we did not make the grade or not "BA material" we would not get put forward as the flight school did not want to risk loosing their link to BA by sending anyone and everyone forward.
The integrated/modular debate regarding BA recruitment is fairly redundant; in my flight school at least you had to be put forward to have a chance at BA. The reason modular guys were not put forward was not just that they couldn't back up their complete training, but as part of the sales pitch for applicants to part with £50k+ for an integrated course was the promise of getting put forward to airlines if a certain standard was met.
Being put forward to BA has had a negative affect on many who went for the interview. It is pretty much an all your eggs in one basket choice, as BA did not want you being put forward to anyone else whilst waiting for an interview. In the time it took to get through and get turned down, many other doors had been closed due to not having 50 hours in the last 6 months.