PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Appreciated
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 00:35
jjiimmbboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies and advice/information.

Let me explain the 6 month bit! I got my CFI in October 8th and i think Hillsboro hired 7 CFIs 3 or 4 days before my checkride! That was a real blow but i assumed they would be hiring again before xmas and at the time i didnt have enough money to carry on with CFII. They didnt hire before xmas and i went back to the UK for a month to see family and friends. After christmas i came back and had a few weeks of hassle moving into a new apartment, then started training again on my CFII beacause i had acquired enough funds to continue.

I have a job working in dispatch at Hillsboro which pays for rent and food. I guess i hoped this would give me a bit of an advantage when applying for a job there, so i waited until they were hiring again hoping i would get a job there. It was probably a bad idea to wait around so long but i thought i had a really good chance and i really liked the other employees and would have loved to carry on working there.

I think it was late february that they hired 3 new guys and when i didnt get hired it definately knocked my spirit and enthusiasm a bit and i stopped studying. I am now within a few weeks of getting my CFII so hopefuly i will be more employable and find a job soon. My motivation is back!