PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX cadet pilot programme Stage 1 in Apr '09
Old 19th Mar 2009, 20:57
bhkb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

Congratulations to those who got invited. I also got invited for the April screening but I declined that one and asked for a later date. I'm most likely going to attend June or August, 2009. The reason why I asked for a later date was because I need to finish my PPL before heading back. This is my second time attending this screening. I have a lot of information I can provide to assist you your own preparation.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

I'll be more than happy to provide what I can.

Anyways, to give my own advice, I was told the following:
1. You should really get some flying experience - even though they say you don't need it they will screen out those who don't have at least 50 hours. I don't know how valid this is but I was told by my own friends are who in Cathay.
2. 90% of the people who don't make it is because of their personality. So you really need to shine in the interview. You may have all the great things on paper but if your personality sucks you may not get in
3. Don't lie - be honest and true to yourself. The interviewers will grill you in so many ways but really asking the same question
4. Show your passion and eagerness to learn
etc
etc
etc

I'm currently flying @ Buttonville Airport for those who are in Toronto. If you guys would like to meet feel free to email me. I'm always up for meeting other pilot enthusiasts.

Got to run. Good luck everybody!