PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-introduction of Commissioning opportunities for NCA
Old 19th Mar 2009, 17:29
Arty Fufkin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh for pity's sake! Let me try to spell out my (pro NCO) viewpiont in simple terms. As many of you seem to have completely misread me.

1) NCOs are top blokes and I would much rather train up more of them to be pilots than many of the commisioned pilots the training system throws out. That is because nearly all of the NCO aircrew I work with and drink with are more mature, harder working and well rounded.( in more ways than one!)

2) Because they display such obvious personal qualities, I think it would be a shame that on completion of their training, they were paid any less than their cohorts.

3) The ones who would seriously consider retraining as pilots all display so called "officer qualities" in abundance.

4) Given that IOT is an attendance course these days, a hoop to jump through, and point 3) above:

Why not give them a commision? I don't care if the scroll comes in the post or they do the full 24 weeks of triv.

5) I agree that YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AN OFFICER TO BE A PILOT!!! But whats the harm? I am no better than any one else just because I have a commision, but I appreciate the 60K a year.

I come in peace (except if you're a nav!)

Arty Fufkin

PS, Sideshow Bob, If you can't be arsed to get your Flt Sgt up (you said it ) why do you think you'd be competetive to be given a pilot slot? A little bit of work would be reqired mate.

Last edited by Arty Fufkin; 19th Mar 2009 at 17:42.