PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TV Prog - Confessions of Steward
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2002, 07:55
Virginia Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
max_cont - I'm afraid to say that there really is a lot more going on in commercial aviation than you have experienced so far (no I'm not saying you are inexperienced or a baggage loader, etc, just that what you have seen isn't the whole story).

I sat watching the program with my wife (she had 8 years cabin crew experience and I had 10) and did not find anything that we hadn't witnessed. Yes, it stinks but lets not be blinkered here. I flew with the guy who was sacked for gross misconduct and I have to say he really was one of the most disagreable stewards I have ever met and think that his recruitment by 2 major UK airlines shows a real failing by those companies. How on earth a UK long haul airline recruited an overtly boistrous male who had just been fired from another south east UK based airline for gross misconduct without taking up references shows real ineptitude.

This thread has started with a lot of naivity but is thankfully starting to become real due to the input of Hew Jampton et al.

ViP