PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI in FTO, I need your advice please!
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 14:11
VNA Lotus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI in FTO, I need your advice please!

Hey guys,

I will get a new job soon, in a FTO (france).
I flew in flying clubs before, and sometimes I did not have the time for briefing...

very weird, but when I did my FIC, we had all stuff like powerpoint, tranparence etc

but when I was in a flying club, I had to fly a lot and as soons as a student get out of the plane, another one get in... It was not my fault but they wanted me to fly...

I need your help cause I got a new call from a FTO for a job.
But all my briefings I did were in french of course.
but in the futur I will need to make them in english because we receive students from abroad...

I am looking for english briefings.

I have got the Campbell manual, but it is a little bit too much ins't it ??? cause I am not sure...

do you develop for instance, for the climb breifing,:

the lift, the weight, the power required, power available etc, all diagrams etc ???

In my opinion these are long briefings but I wonder, do you have time to make long briefing ?? (in fto ).

'cause, well, FI is a good job, I love it, but what I dislike is, instructors are asked to teach more and more in less and less time...

Other option, I saw the ONtrack manual, more lighter than the Campbell one, so what do you think ? Is it more appropriate ? (well for short briefing I guess).

I came from a little flying and soon I will work for a big fto, I am a little bit anxious you know...

thanks friends