PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew (WSOp)
Thread: Aircrew (WSOp)
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 12:33
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Amnesia180
I'm assuming the instructors at Cranwell are there to get you through the course and don't *want* to fail anyone...
Indeed their aim is to train you not chop you. I know of one baby Eng that was recoursed twice as his attitude sensor was stuck OFF. After his 3rd survival course with the promise of a 4th he adjusted his attitude and got through that phase. No idea what happened after that.

Right temperment (sic) for the job, attitude and aptitude are certainly crucial.

I'm just wary of giving up a job (in this economic climate) to then be looking for one in 19 weeks time! However, if I were to be offered a ground trade, that wouldn't be so bad.

I don't know why I'm focussing on failing, I undersatnd that is the wrong attitude,
Having tried once before you know why you bailed out. You are therefore probably understandable wary. As A_A says,
is explaining why you only stayed 5 months last time around...
One answer of course is, as you said, lack of maturity when you were only 17. Now you have been in the wide-world for 4 years, you have learnt . . . , you know you are more mature because . . . and crucially you now want to become aircrew because . . .