PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 12:02
TURIN

Received 209 Likes on 117 Posts
Any more for any more................
Yup, only ferrous belt buckles will set it off. Mine's some sort of white metal alloy. Never sets it off, hasn't done so for 20+ years.

There's more metal in my watch strap but I don't need to take that off, and that doesn't set the alarm off either.

I have a metal plate in my arm, that doesn't set the alarm off.

This has nought to do with keeping us more secure but lots more to reducing the staff at security. Less beeps = less wanding/frisking = less staff.

And another thing what is all this wanding of the soles of your feet all about?

So for all terrorists out there, just wrap your gun/weapon/bits of bomb etc around your wrist and pretend it's a watch.

Alternatively just secure the bits around the chassis of a catering wagon and waltz straight in.

Why not just get trousers that fit !!
Cos I can't hang a torch/radio & Leatherman (with a 3" blade) on my trousers.

But rules is rules and if I as a member of the public have to do it why shouldn't staff etc.
Because the staff do not need bombs/guns/knifes etc to bring an aircraft down.
A Pilot just points the front end of his ride down a bit, a Loader just trims the aircraft incorrectly or 'forgets' to secure a load, a Maintenance Engineer has so many ways to bring an aeroplane down using his own knowledge and light fingered approach to his job that you really don't want to go there.

The events of Sept 11th 2001 were caused by passengers not airport staff.

Security my arris!

Last edited by TURIN; 19th Mar 2009 at 12:13. Reason: Extended Rant!!!