PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air Pilots ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 09:44
LongJohnThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlternativeProcedure,
Well said.
I could not have said it better myself! Just had to see where this thread was going before i made any comments.
Boeingflyer,
It is obvious to me that your incessant comments about Arik, Nigeria and Malaria are bourne out of a complete lack of any credible knowledge.
It amazes me that your sort in this century could possibly be credited as a pilot; i just wonder for real how it is you made it through flight school??!!
That would be if you ARE one in the first place.
I wonder how it is you were offered a job in Arik when you find it so difficult to even spell your own name?? If it is true that you actually wrote them a letter and was given immediate employment; Arik must have been the desperate ones then!!
Basically, an educated guess about you indicates to me one thing; you didn't go past primary education!!!
I don't expect that you could possibly understand my English, so i will give you a break.
Keep your trap shut if you cant make sense dude!!!!
Old King Coal,
The last but certainly not the least! I will give you kudos for some of the things you have said, and quoting AP, you ARE right about some, and honestly, i respect your effort.
You have tried to keep within the confines of Aviation and only strayed to inject some humour; nice touch!
However i must add, like i have done several times before, that if the kitchen becomes too hot, get out of it!
Arik like any other start up Airline in the third world WILL have teething problems; unfortunately, you seem to be one of those who is witnessing these inadequacies first hand.
Nigeria is NO heaven. That? We are aware of.
But, instead of moaning, i would spend more time with those in authority to see if changes could be effected.
Based on your comments on fueling, load sheets etc. I see an obvious deficiency in your attitude toward doing things the right way.
Airplanes as we all know, cannot be operated without situational awareness; as i see it, you spend your time focusing on whats not important and maybe making notes on whats wrong with the system, rather than monitoring your aircraft is being loaded, or fueling done in haphazard manners etc.
If you have landed above the MLW of your airplane, i would say thats rather unsafe if you ask me, but then again, you must remember that the decision was yours alone.
If something had gone wrong during any of those landings, trust me, the books would be thrown at you without prejudice and heavily at that.
How would you explain that you were aware that the airplane was over-weight and you still continued to make the landing?? Thats in the rare case that you'd still be alive anyway?
I could go on and on in an attempt to make nonsense of your post, but i give credit where it is due; some of what you have said STILL holds water!
You must admit though, that flying in the jungle prepares you for anything, anywhere at anytime!!!