PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Employment - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Mar 2009, 07:45
300-600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I am looking very closely at Oman Air and quite like the look of what I see. The answers various people have provided have been most useful in getting this far.

I have several specific questions and if people can make time to answer one or more I would be most grateful.

1 - Is the holiday entitlement 42 or 46 days...plus approx 8 public holidays (or are these 8 built in to the 40 odd).

2 - Is there full health insurance for you and your dependants (some provide 100% for you and partial cover for your family).

3 - Any idea about the waiting times for secondary schools.

4 - Is there any higher education allowance (college) for 16 to 18 year olds.

5 - What would be a typical monthly cost for utilities (Air conditioning / water etc).

6 - Are the fees for higher education similar to those already quoted for junior schools.

7 - Someone mentioned a "decent" villa for 800 OMR....is this a four bed villa ..any links which might give me a better idea of what to expect.

8 - Any idea about the interview process?

9 - What are the bonding arrangements for type rated guys and girls?

10 - Is there a law in Oman similar to UAE where, when you eventually leave, you are get 21 days pay for every year you work for the company?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 300-600; 19th Mar 2009 at 17:11.