PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 Cut obstacle clearance.
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 07:26
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
What you describe sounds more like my speed!

If I may be permitted a little licence (even to the point of approaching a lack of PC) .. and to support my colleague's opinions ... it's a little like the proposition put to me by the wise old chap (I was still reasonably young then and all the old folk on the aircraft were, indeed, and by comparison, wise old chaps) who trained me on the 727 ... when he was a young chap, he would get all agitated, hot and bothered whenever a sweet young lass might pass by ... then, in his 40s he might glance over his lookovers at the said sweet young lass .. but contemplate the probability of her mother's being very attractive .... while, as he approached retirement ... it was a case of, through the pentafocals - looking over the lookovers, as a capability, having long been consigned to the woodheap of life .. revelling in the thought that "she must have an absolutely gorgeous grandmother" .. proving, of course, that all things are relative to the frame of reference from which one constructs one's universe and the mathematics relating thereto ....

He had some other delightful tales but I shall refrain ....