PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* and Japan..A Failure
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 01:46
rammel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too dislike being ripped off in Australia, and I live here. I rarely buy anything of value here anymore, due to most things being available overseas for about 1/2 the price.

As an airline staff member, using our discounts it is cheaper to go to Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket or Koh Samui) staying in 4 star accom for 5 nights than what it is to go to any Nth Queensland destination.

Hong Kong is great for a 2 or 3 day trip to stock up on various goodies, the US once a year is also pretty good, even with a cr@ppy exchange rate.

Skiing overseas is about the same cost as here, some places even cheaper. The comparison between overseas skiing and here can not be compared, it is so much better value all up overseas. And the equipment is also so much cheaper also.

Sorry for the rant, but if you use staff travel wisely and plan for what you want, you can save money and have a good time away as well. If I live here and are p!ssed about how much we get ripped off, why would anyone want to visit here to be ripped off blind.