PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 Cut obstacle clearance.
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 21:40
Pugilistic Animus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello again to all on frequency:

I believe I've read and understood everything, with some of you guys I have to revisit the thread afew times to make sure that I understand; especially as so many regulations come into play; I'm not sure if this is what is the 'basic question regarding the missed approach?

As J_T inplies: in the US we actually do have provision in the air carrier rules 121/135 etc.. for an Approach climb OEI/AEO and it is a 3.2% gradient,...this statement was not correct I confused the asummed gross gradient with net gradients ---sorry PA
...But we don't have provision For a 'landing climb' OEI; where the AEO-ONLY gradient is 3.3%
that's why 'I mentioned the eight second rule' to infer a critical but unlikey scenario, I mean your OIS would't extend all the way to the DER as would a critical TO OEI scenario , but surely your TO OEI procedures could be used provided you don't extend spoilers or use the reversers ..."OEI touch and GO?"

edited to add 'of course in proper deference to Vmcl considerations'

For those not familar wwith the FAA:

An aicraft is CERTIFIED for airworthiness [23/25/29] and then CERTIFCATED for Comercial operations [121/125/135,

.....it seems not all states follow that practice; something I just learned here

PA

Last edited by Pugilistic Animus; 1st Apr 2009 at 21:50. Reason: bold