PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Grounded
Thread: Nimrod Grounded
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 19:09
ShortFatOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the fact that JSPs refer to Safety Cases and the Airworthiness process etc is roundly ignored? These same JSPs that we, as professional aviators, are supposed to at least be familiar with? OK, I accept that we don't need to know them inside out but surely there must be some personal responsibility to ensure that we at least glance at them once in a while (particularly as we sign a currency chit as having done so).

I also accept that the IPT does indeed have a responsibility to transmit this information and there-in lies an issue that is slowly being addressed with the IPTs being pulled into the forward element. Internal communication has been one of our weakest areas, more so in the modern era (IMHO) as it is always assumed that t'interweb is the information super highway. That is only true if the information is available, accessible and clearly signposted, otherwise people lose interest searching endlessly for something that should be easy to find and lose interest(see what I did there, lost interest).