PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship
Thread: BA Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 16:18
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyhighbird

I never quite undertood the last bit from re-heat or whoever said it-even though I did ask the person to explain the contradiction. Surely the least starry-eyed and the least gambling IS the person who went part time, hence having less debt and a secure job until they finished training. AND surely the starry-eyed wannabe IS the integrated cadet who put their parent's semi on the line?
We live in a democracy (well almost if you're in the UK) and people are posting on a public forum. Some people may para phrase certain policies of companies in many different ways. There is often a mis-conception of the reader as to the posters intent or phraseology. That's normal but then what else is normal is to concoct a well thought out missive as to the counter.

If it helps, I have never found any difference when flying with pilots who are integrated or modular. If I have to put my glove down on one side of the fence I would say that the modular pilots are often (not always) more down to earth and pragmatic as a result of their training. However, integrated, are more often a 'blank canvas', young, keen and willing to learn. In all honesty though any 'low hour' pilot can be an exceptional pain when they hit the magic 1000 hour 'know it all' barrier! Those who have seen it know what I mean.

Wait out. Enjoy the modular course as best you can. When the upturn swings in there is likely to be enough jobs for most.