PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - once your fully trained with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 15:19
archenergy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cptdivz, I really got annoyed reading your posts. You either grow up having a passion for flying or you don't. If being in the Air Cadets for 5 years didn't stir this then I despair. You didn't want to commit two nights per week to it whilst at Uni? Good thing you never applied in that case and cost someone else more deserving a place. How stupid of you to think of the UAS as a drinking club and not a place where you can achieve your life's goals.

I was in the UAS in Liverpool and loved it. I got the 50 free flying hours and had some amazing experiences, a fantastic social life and disciplined start to flying. I later spent many years saving the money for an integrated course at Oxford which I started when I was 27. All I have ever wanted to do with my life is work as a pilot and now that I am an airine pilot (after taking 20 months to get my job after Oxford) I appreciate it even more knowing that it took much sacrifice, determination and effort to get to where I am.

How on earth can you be concerned at this stage in your life about if you won't fly enough hours as a cadet if you get a job with Ryanair? Have you got yourself a Class1 medical yet? Do you know if you have the aptitude to complete flight training? How about the 14 ATPL exams? Have you got the money? If you don't think you can sacrifice two nights per week in the UAS do you think you'll have the patience to go through all it takes to make it?