PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HeavyLift (HC Airlines) Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2001, 16:56
EI - E I - O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flug pants, you are probably correct about the winter in EMA.

I am a "Pruner" not a "Primer", but word has it, and it certainly, looks more than likely, that this aircraft will become a familar sight over the winter months in KHI.
With regards to the AOC is true, but I understand even, after the ops, admin, and C.C. were on the payrole @Prime, HLA had difficulty with the CAA issueing the C of A, because there were not enough Cabin Crew P.A. handsets on the aircraft, now picture the situation, where you call Toulouse and tell them you need a Mod to install additional PA's at the Cabin Crew Stn's on a 20-25 year old Aircraft. There response would be "OKAY, apply for R.F.C leadtime 6 months, Airbus issue a quote for the Mod, contact Daimler Chrysler, then there is another 6 month delay on parts", so yes I do think it was amazing, they were operational in a couple of months. Especially being in the CAA Juristriction, they pull no punches!!
No offence Guv, but even if you did go full steam ahead today, to get operational, you might not see the clouds until, summer 2002 and that would be an fair estimate and would be a fiine achievement, cost you a bloody fortune and you might be grounded, because you don't have enough Public Announcement systems on the aircrsaft. Think of the slots, recruitement, catering, maintanace etc. etc. -

Who needs that grief????? Good luck to Prime and the people behind it!