PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another low flying complaint
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 14:06
shobakker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I were a nipper living in deepest darkest N.Norfolk it was a spotters dream. The Cold War was heating up nicely and East Anglia was the 51st state. Any time of day or night you could guarantee that the treetops would be trimmed by some low flying object, either Lightnings/Jags out of Coltishall, A10's out of Bentwaters or F1-11's or F15's out of Lakenheath. On the odd occasion you'd be treated to Canberras and the odd U-2 - and once majestically, a Blackbird came over at low speed (why N. Norfolk, I'll never know...). It was probably this exposure to noise and avgas fumes that instilled my love of aviation, so thanks to all of you who flew fast & low over Cromer - much appreciated!

Now if only some of you could do some flybys of Liverpool Airport every now & then...pretty please?!!!

The last time we had any worthwhile noise here was during the Southport Airshow when the Typhoon & F3's did a couple of low passes over the runway before dropping in for a visit. Caused all sorts of complaints with the nimbys - but brought back some fantastic childhood memories for me - and my little lad loved it too!!!!