PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air Pilots ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 13:27
TomBola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Bf - I think you should be BS

Bf,

You have the gall to talk about attitude . You've never even been to Nigeria and yet you feel free to slag the place off and talk rubbish about a company which you've never worked for . For your information 'airliners' don't hire people- people are hired by airlines to fly airliners .

Now, Lagos - I go out in Lagos quite a lot. Yes, it's a dangerous city with armed robbers. I also go out in Miami and Rio de Janeiro, also dangerous cities with armed robbers. I'm not an airline pilot - I just go away on holiday, but airline pilots go to these places often and you can bet that more than a few have been mugged in these and many other dangerous cities. I've been robbed in Lagos and my wife has been mugged in London, so now we know the areas to try and stay away from. Almost any big city in the world is dangerous if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Arik flies a fleet of modern aircraft which are well maintained by one of the most reputable European maintenance organisations, Lufthansa Technik and, as has been said, all crews go for recurrent simulator training.

Malaria - wow - first I ever heard that there's malaria in Africa! If you take your ant-malaria pills and take normal precautions you probably won't catch it. If you do, we even have hospitals out here, not just witch doctors as you probably imagine . Many Nigerian doctors trained in USA and UK and returned here after.

As for the salary, that's £5,150 clear in your UK bank every month for working 8 months a year. Quite a reasonable salary.

With your command of English and attitude, it's probably a good thing for Arik that you didn't accept their offer of employment - I feel sorry for the company which is employing you.