PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 11:36
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabri G2

Hi Pandalet,

Thanks for the interest and my article will comprehensively deal with most of the usual queries that get raised, but for yours ... the ten-a-month figure is simply the factory's target production but absolutely has to depend on making the sales and that figure is at present the maximum factory capacity from the premises they have.

Can't accept your point about not buying or training 'til you can SFH. There's never been a helicopter produced that didn't arrive with that situation, but it didn't stop the R22 becoming a massive success. Factories, especially the smaller ones, work on a slower time table than you and I would like. M Bruno Guimbal has his head well and truly screwed on and will gear the factory up as the sales come in. But they do need to get the first few sold I feel. There is one firm in this country who are in pole position for a dealership and I know they plan to SFH to all clients who learn on the type. And remember I take the view that a G4 is inevitable!

On the maintenance aspects, no dealers will be appointed unless they have 145 approval and factory course engineers. Yes I believe the existing EC network will be used but mostly in Europe.

Sorry to hear of your LOOP 'junk' problem. First time it has been brought to my attention. If you haven't already e-mailed either Dave Calderwood or the owner Sam Spurdens and related the problem, write direct to either Dave or [email protected].

Having put in two days flying on the pretty Cabri, I was impressed, particularly with the firm handling and many safety features. (albeit a requirement under Easa's Part CS-27 certification.) Also liked the T/K period ... almost two seconds at MAUW. As good as the B206 and a mile better than the R22. (But the blades do turn the wrong way for we USA fanatics.)

Tried and trusted Lycoming J series engine, Glass cockpit panel, 'Plasma' ignition, five hours endurance, 130 knot VNE, safety features everywhere, especially the 'stroking' seats where a vertical impact of 30g is reduced to just 3g, then the Feneston T/R and all composite construction including the M/R blades.

Finally no 'finite life' airframe components ... everything 'on condition' so you don't throw it away after 2,200 hours. And a nice tit bit, remote door locking and ignition blocking. Remember when you first had it on your car!

Anyway for those that want to know more, just log on to Loop/Blades.

Best wishes to all,

Dennis Kenyon.