PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sqn Ldr Pete McNamara
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 11:30
doodledog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sorry to hear the news. I was taking my Master for his lunchtime stroll the other day and he told me he was thinking back to all the good times.

He told me that M2 was so much more than just your average AD mate, especially for an ex-winch weight! M2 was an incredibly capable operator, and, as an instructor, always had the best interests of 'the muppets' at heart . He cared passionately for his charges, and always went the extra mile to give the students the best possible training (he even managed to explain the use of the vertical to a died-in-the-wool mud-mover like my Master when teaching him how to teach BFMs!) M2 was a consummate professional and a tireless worker, and even found time to be the non-PC joker that we all aspire to be . Above all else, M2 was a character, and the RAF is a poorer place without his ilk, long may his legacy (and sense of fun) endure. Pete has gone way too soon and will be sadly missed.

Many on this site may think that they did not even know Pete, but I can assure you that he was a frequent visitor here (as Stillin1), where either his sense of humour, pithy wit or voice of reason could often be heard. He was also a friend of the 'puddle-jumping' community, flying his Europa around the bazaars and generally abusing the ATC fraternity when not doing the day job.

Deepest condolences to Sue, it must have been an arduous and distressing time over the past couple of years, you were a pillar of strengthy to Pete when his health (but never his wit) was failing him.

M2 - you are truly an AD God, now if you could just take the angels aside and sort out their BFMs too !

RIP mate, like many others here, I'm proud to say that I have known you.