PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 10:47
Pandalet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they're planning to turn out 10/month, that implies they see a market for that many; any idea on what timescale they're planning to reach that level of production? The real problem I see (as others have already pointed out) is that to make training in a Cabri G2 worthwhile, you either need to be about to buy one for yourself or you need to be assured of being able to SFH one when you want it. This in turn implies that there will be enough of them around to make it worthwhile. Are Guimbal planning to sell mostly into Europe or are the 10/month production going to be sold world-wide? What about service centres? Will they piggy-back on Eurocopter's network?

I'm unlikely to be flying one any time soon, having made my choice of starting aircraft, but it would be good to see a serious contender for Frank's finest.

Oh, and if you're planning on signing up to LOOP.aero, I strongly suggest not giving them an email address you care about; they will continue to send out junk mail forevermore, no matter how many times you 'unsubscribe' or ask them not to.