PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 22:32
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realistically, RYR are not going to disappear in this lifetime; guaranteed.
Don't bet your savings on it mate. The FACT is that one really bad season can kill most airlines.
You keep coming back on this issue that Ryanair is Europe’s biggest airline but they are aiming at getting even bigger! If you had a little more experience you would know that the bigger they are the harder they fall.
Ask anyone in the 1960s if they could see Pan Am going bust and they would not have believed you. The same goes for TWA.
People Express grew massively at first, but they were destroyed as the market changed and they couldn't adapt fast enough.

It's naive to compare BA and Ryanair as you continually do. They are not in the same market. The only thing they have in common is they fly people from A to B except with Ryanair you tend to fly via Z too often. BA are a high yield airline focused on First / Business class with an economy product that allows people like me to see the world.

Ryanair fly a growing fleet of one aircraft type which is growing at a fast pace as the market plummets.

Remember that once Juan Trippe left Pan Am, the busines was doomed. I think Ryanair will either be saved or doomed when MOL goes. Only time will tell which but please *READ* and try and understand what some of the guys on here are telling you. Your world view is pretty simplistic and does not reflect the complexities of the business.

They are bailing out of Dublin, their home base. They can't destroy Aer Lingus on their home turf. They are redistributing these aircraft to new markets, which need time to bed in and build trade and profit. They are giving seats away for nothing on some routes and charging a grotesque amount of fees on others. I can't even check in at the airport any more! Not a good way to attract new business is it?