PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding A Flying School
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 15:21
Shiny_Pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again, i've spent most of the day carrying out quite a bit of research about the flight training organisations which can offer training from PPL through to ATPL. I know it has already been said that it isn't particularly importanct where i obtain my PPL, however, if i can find one school which can meet all of my needs then it's certainly going to be worth a look.

With that in mind i've contacted Stapleford Flight Centre as well as Bournemouth Commerical Flying Centre, both of who have been more than helpful. Unfortunately these were probably the only two schools i didn't visit in person when i was in teh area last week and so i'll have to wait until i move to London before i have a look at the facilities.

I've already had a look through the forums for feedback regarding the two organisations but any more comments would be greatly appreciated.

One question i do have with regards to BCFT is in relation to the Jetline Course. I understand this is a modular programme designed to take someone from 'zero to hero' but can anyone tell me whether or not this is operated in a similar way to other modular courses which are operated by soem of the other FTOs. What i mean by this is would each module need to be paid for upfront or can you 'pay as you fly' and complete the course and and when time permits?

If all else fails i've found a nice little flying school not far from where i'm going to be moving to where i can complete my PPL before moving on to another location for the commercial side of things.

Once again, thank you for all of the replies.

Last edited by Shiny_Pants; 17th Mar 2009 at 16:43.