PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship
Thread: BA Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 12:36
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there's a misunderstanding - or more precisely an inability to read what I've actually written - amongst some, where those persons believe that I THINK that integrated is better than mod, that I THINK modular are poorly trained etc. I don't. At all. I think integrated training is A way forward. And as with all such things, each way has it's own benefits and drawbacks.

For reference my point about "having the bad habits kicked out" wasn't intended to imply that ALL modular students have (or had) bad habits, it was simply to imply that by the time that magic 1500 hours is reached, pretty much anyone will be flying the way their airline wants them to, so the whole mod/int thing from that point on - and forever more for that person - is academic. Either that, or they will have been binned for not being up to scratch (regardless of training route)

Corsair, not the first time you and I have locked horns, but you must have had to REALLY try to misinterpret a pretty simple post that badly. But given you clearly think I'm talking crap, then might I suggest you have a go at INTELLIGENTLY illustrating the reasoning for BAs preference on low hours? I rather suspect that you can't do it any differently. I rather suspect that your illustration will involve criticising BA for having said policy, not illustrating any reasons (whether those are good/bad/indifferent, right or wrong) why it is there in the first place.

My point, was simply that one bad experience in any walk of life does tend to put one of the mind that "all similar experiences would have the same outcome". Think in terms of a bad meal at a restaurant you've only been to once....you probably wouldn't bother going back. But a bad meal at your favourite restaurant you laugh off as a "one off".

FWIW, I think WWW is pretty much spot on. Tactical training is required right now, and that does mean modular and as cheap as you can.....although just to muddy the waters a little, right now the only game in town is Ryanair and they seem to be interviewing in the ratio of 70/30 integrated/modular [RIGHT NOW] - based on relayed experience of about 12-15 recent assessment days. But it would be disingenuous to suggest to anyone contemplating their training right now that they should start an integrated course, purely on the chance that this statistic would remain as it is for the fifteen months until they emerge.