PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sosoliso and Nigerian Visa
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 10:05
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stating the facts do not constitute "bashing". Your pompous declarations as to what I "should" be doing are just that.

For yourself and others who then "bash" those who point out these issues (reading other Nigerian threads have this common theme) remind me of the wife who is battered by the drunken husband. Many of those wives won't prosecute, stating what a "good guy" this drunken bum is. Of course, anybody else can readily and easily determine otherwise.

So you obviously have an emotional connection to this country (and feel compelled to lash out at those who don't, like me), let me say that this place does have A LOT of potential. The people at large at quite friendly. The beaches should have world class resorts on them. The weather isn't that different than Miami in the summer... there should be golf course everywhere. There's years of wealth left in the oil fields. Agriculture could and should feed all of Africa. With access to ocean and millions of people as consumers and producers, there could and should be world class ports.

As far as keeping this aviation related, there currently are no Nigerian carriers flying to the US. There are a long list of shortcomings as to why that has not been approved, but I will say that should that day come, it will be a very big accomplishment in the Nigerian aviation world in a very challenging place to do business.

Last edited by TonyWilliams; 17th Mar 2009 at 10:25.