PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship
Thread: BA Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 09:59
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But like it or not, airlines have a preference for integrated students over modular. Its not right
What a load of cock. There are just as many actively avoid integrated students as there are that solely hire them which stands at 1 just now.

You have more chance of getting knocked back for a job because you have ginger hair than you do for where you have trained.

All the "the industry works this way" rules are out the window just now.

On another thread someone from BA mentioned that BA had a course of mod grads that all failed for reasons they wern't going into. The chances that 10-15 pilots would all fail a type rating course are small to remote. There is a huge political behind the scenes method to there madness with this policy. Which could come down to personal view or elitism for corporate image.

I would like to see some some personal experience with all this airlines take more integrated.

Personally I have flown with some 20-30 low houred FO's in the last 3 years 2 of which were Integrated trained. When I trained as an FO out of the 15 that were hired the same time as me 1 was integrated. And looking at the OAT site over the next 3 years the company hired 4 from them. And at the time they were running type rating courses with 10 on every 2 months.