PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QANTAS Thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 06:08
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part time at 50% is available on demand for all ranks all bases as a result of the EBA. 75% rosters are also on offer in all bases including BNE and MEL from next BP.

those crew that dont have LSL plans in place will also be given LSL. Most of the crew that came over from SH will soon be getting their LSL awarded to them as many have months in place and most dont have leave burn plans like the majority of LH crew.

Some crew have suggested that all crew take a reduced divisor however i dont believe that its a suggestion that would be supported by the majority. And it doesnt appear that its necessary at this stage.

I think that the most important thing is that we do what's necessary to reduce the risk of compulsory redundancy. Its last on first off, and despite some of the callousness expressed here from time to time i dont believe any of us want to see the new kids lose their jobs .

I have a lot of faith in the vast majority of crew that they will pull out all stops to work together to avoid CR.

I think middle management have far more to fear with the downturn than LH cabin crew. My experience is that whenever there is a downturn its middle management that tend to have less job security.

CR is something we have not known among crew for 20 years and even then the ones that were put off were employed again within 6 months.

I would suggest that many people are pulling out all stops to avoid CR and if a temporary de-crewing achieves that i think as unpalatable as it is we have to work through it

thousands of people are actually losing their jobs and their livlihoods. We should consider ourselves fortunate that we have never faced that and may yet escape it if we are pragmatic