Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time from NZ for Avalon (6 days)

Airfares NZ$1100 for wife and I
Accom NZ$1300
Rental car and fuel AU$250
Food/drink NOT at the airshow AU$600
Airshow AU$330 for 3 days NOT including food

Total over $3500 kiwi

What a total dissapointment - thankgod it was fine on Friday arvo so that we got to see 4 hours of airshow before the stratus rolled in killing the night flying.

pissed down on saturday and we decided to leave about 1130am soaked - thought they may have reimbursed some of the ticket - nope.

blew a bloody cold and wind on sunday and when my fingers still hadn't thawed out by 1pm called it quits when i could see rain approaching again.

All in all the show seemed very disjointed, long gaps, and more announcements about 'assessing the weather' than you could shake a stick at. Really nothing that spectacular to be fair and the mud and crap everywhere on Sunday was a shocker not to mention trying to get out from the public watching area back onto the taxiway to the static displays.

I know that weather played a big part and that is nobody's fault but even if the weather had been just dandy the whole weekend, I don't think the display line up would have grabbed you the whole time. The only reason we went for the 3 days was to try and see the show in it's entirity, which of course didn't happen.

Still, I can cross Avalon off now as another airshow "been there done that".