PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 04:36
jumbolloyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I couldn't agree more, if its true, and SV does not renew the contract then AAI is doomed, and the final nailing of the coffin will be by MH, as the there is no one from fantasy island out there on the ground at the coal face asking the right questions and out there doing everything to keep the remaining customers they have happy.

Unfortunately AAI hierarchy like to surround themselves with kiss ass yes men and appoint some people in positions that defie belief and do nothing except keep some seat warm, like station managers for instance, base commanders that you never see or have any interaction with, with a policy of when in doubt shoot the messenger.

Do the people up there in fantasy island office know anything, this STAMA stupid mothers club really live in some looney land that talk about what soup they will have for lunch and where to will be the next mystery trip.

There is a handful of good switched on guys amongs the FFF, but few and far between, and this 3/3 and travelling expences with $1000 to work a day off no flexibilty to rosters etc etc is just unbelievable, anyway...its their company, as someone has said while its based in Iceland it must employ their own, and yes I guess if they move of shore then a different story, but its TF- registered, that involves ICAA and the goverment like it or not it has to be Icelandic.

I can just imagine the pressure AAI must be under from the relatives and connections and favours that have to be redeemed, its a Scandanavian mindset and thats how they do business its time for AAI to get tough with the FFF union and the FFF pilots have shape up or ship out, but then if they want to screw up their own company what can a contractor do, we are not employees just hired hands.