PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sosoliso and Nigerian Visa
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 00:26
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not just dangerous, world leading danger in Nigeria

You must be as corrupt as the people you work for. No self respecting, holier-than-thou would ever work in corrupt Nigeria. With all the info on how corrupt and dangerous Nigeria is, only a crook would ever feel comfortable enough to work there.

Yes, I must be corrupt by writing about the corruption here? Ok, if you say so Sherlock. Also, excellent slight on all the folks who work here, that they must all be crooks. You are a true genius.

Corruption, crime, fraud, extortion, kidnapping, and a long list of other stuff is rampant here. Just a fact; I'm the messenger, not the purpertrator. Is this person who wrote this article also a criminal based on your obtuse thought processes?

Ese Awhotu
Abuja, Nigeria
February 19th, 2009

"It sounds pretty surprising but not unexpected that the city of Port Harcourt, (Nigeria) a once very glamorous city, has been ranked among the three most dangerous cities in the world.

The human resources unit of New York-based Marsh & McLennan Cos. has ranked Port Harcourt with Baghdad, Yemen's capital of Sana'a and Khartoum in Sudan, as the world's most dangerous cities.

Going by the ranking published by Bloomberg, Port Harcourt ranks with Baghdad as one of the world's most dangerous cities for foreign workers as criminal gangs and guerillas seeking greater control of energy revenue step up attacks.

Port Harcourt, a city of 1.6 million was once the home of nightclubs crowded night and day with well-paid petroleum workers. Now dotted with heavily armed checkpoints, Port Harcourt's transformation from a city that offered round-the- clock-fun to one offering round-the-clock fear. Security has deteriorated as the region moved from agitation to rebellion."

I must be dangerous too, since I pointed that out, too?

Here's a bit of good news, at least to my read:

LAGOS (Reuters) – A Nigerian undergraduate has been sentenced to 19 years in prison for obtaining $47,000 (33,382 pounds) from an Australian woman by convincing her over the Internet that he was 57 years old, white, and madly in love with her.