PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ticket Team vying to wrest control of AIPA
Old 16th Mar 2009, 23:58
Wingspar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg, Not talking about you specifically but historically most of these type of discussions have been promoted by 'new crew'. Yes I know you have spent some time on the a/c, so have alot of others. I for one agree totally with your arguments but to get through your ideas you have to look at the bigger picture. Have a look back at all the well intentioned 76 people over the years and see what has been actually achieved. Yeah sure 5.30 and all that is great but at the end of the day the 76 is screwed because it is a domestic a/c on the long haul award. Yep the pay disparity will be accentuated with the new rates but it is not a new problem. Enough band aids and examine cause and effect for there you will find the answer!
It's the award and people have been tickering with it and the 76 from day one. What I said is consistent because all these bandaid solutions over the years have not fixed the problem (cause and effect). The award and nothing short of a rewrite will fix it.
Sorry to digress but I have seen this all before and these discussions come about every few years.
What I will say to you personally is I wish you all the best because you do have good intentions. Even with the best intentions it is hard to think clearly with a bruised forehead!
Cheers