PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 19:43
HeathrowAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under the Astig, Above the normal.

Hello,

I went to my Local Opticians and booked any eye test for wednesday (next avail) and I asked him if he could check my current perscription. So he looked at my glasses and one of them (Strongest Lens) was 5.25+ Diopters. and astigmatism was 0.75

However I was once under the NHS 7 years ago, but my eyesight improved under the drops and the patch, they since kicked me out because It was no longer needed. My eyes are improving and I am needing less stronger lenses.

I am improving and the opticians did say I wont need the glasses forever, apparently, they are improving and my vision is going to normal (Not longsighted) so the strength is dicreasing. Ill let you guys know what I get wednesday night.

So will the CAA allow me with that or can I kiss goodbye to a dream unless I loose 1.0 Diopter of correction? Also havent been in a year and these glasses need an upgrade me thinks.

I dont understand, If I can read up close, If I can see British Airways on the side of an aircraft were it is 4000ft above my house then why is there a restriction on how strong your glasses are? I understand thats its there for a reason, but what reason? Its sad but hey thats all thats stopping me getting my class 1

I have also heard some go over the + limits and still get a License due other factors. I am not sure, but thats what I was told.

Regards,

R..