PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sosoliso and Nigerian Visa
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 17:32
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonywilliams thanks for the unsolicitated info on the cars in lagos, I was thinking of shipping my car with the foreign number on it back to lagos but I guess close minded individuals might think I stole it.

No, I wouldn't think you stole it. If it had California plates (or Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas plates) on it, I'd assume it was stolen by the corrupt Mexican police forces. Every two-bit police chief in Mexico is driving around in such a vehicle, while they get paid off by the drug mafia to overlook the thousands of murders and drug trafficking happening there.

Without a big market in Mexico to then sell the Surburbans, Escalades, Hummers, Mercedes, and other high profile stolen property, it has to go somewhere. I wonder where?

The internet is ripe with Nigerian scams, this very thread highlights another Nigerian scam. The government has allocated gazillions of dollars for roads that are the worst in the world. Wonder where that money went? I believe there is a thread in Pprune of Arik pilots arrested in another country for having fraudulent documents (that were purchased here in Nigeria). Just driving to the beach last week resulted in 4 impromptu road blocks to extort money. Oyibos are taken hostage regularly for ransom.

Sure, nobody in this country would accept stolen property, right? I must be closed minded.

Last edited by TonyWilliams; 16th Mar 2009 at 17:46.