PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOGA Time Limit
Thread: TOGA Time Limit
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 14:07
Port Strobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In hindsight perhaps it's not a very practical question then, perhaps I should try to explain. Circuit training was the closest scenario I could think of which might have to adhere to this limitation, if indeed there is one. What sparked the question was a discussion a while ago with someone who swore they'd adhere to the toga (as in take off or go around thrust, not afds mode) time limit blindly whereas I said I'd be more inclined to use six minutes or whatever on a five minute engine if need be until cleaned up because ten minutes is merely a matter of coughing up more money without any change to the engine itself. Coupled with the fact assumed temperature take offs frequently yield N1 values less than MCT, so unless you advanced the thrust lever(s) on the operative engine(s) to full take off thrust immediately after the failure, then chances are you won't be overcooking the engine neither. I thought if I knew of a minimum time spent at MCT between applications of toga thrust in the manufacturer's model then this might give a better idea quite how important it may be to observe the limit?