PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 46 pages of complaints on the A380
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 11:49
fc101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a new airliner has a few problems, for any one who understands this industry it should be no suprize.

I have no doubt that the first few launch customers got the aircraft at a cost that reflects the fact that they would have to iron out some of the teething problems.
Go and have a look for all the problems that were and still need to be addressed on the E145 (for example)...if you can find that document or even evidence that such problems were ever documented and discussed in such a way that the A380's are then please let me know because after flying these little things around for a while I'm sure that its more than 46 pages...even today!

How many of those 46 pages are devoted to minor things such as a sticking toilet door lock rather than FMC fails during flight...? I notice that no A380 is grounded because of these problems, so I guess they're not serious in the life threatening sense, unless of course one of the coffee makers isn't working (though on an A380 I'd expect more than one)

I think the real story here is that its *just* 46 pages of things that Airbus are sorting out to make the damned thing perfect rather than just truly outstanding as it is at the moment.

fc101
E145 driver