PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Virgin Blue Share Price - how low can it go and for how long?
Old 16th Mar 2009, 09:56
Ratter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Priapism,

Your handle brings tears to my eyes... anyone who is unaware of what Priapism is i would suggest a Wikipedia search....... OUCH!

As to your rebuttal with Delta's Fares, remember that they unbundle their prices, so including taxes they are around $1100 return. If that is Aussie dollars then that is not too dissimilar to V Aus but if it is $US then they are well above V Aus in price.

Not sure how much loss VB will wear but with better than expected start up load factors and freight carriage I hope it will not be too significant. It is important to highlight that of the $60 million of the investment in V Aus start up a large proportion of that was one off costs due to the delay courtesy of Boeing machinist strike.

The next results report will paint a much clearer, and i expect slightly better picture. Without being an expert I think the share price is on a modest rebound for a while but don't hold me to that!

Ratter