PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship
Thread: BA Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 08:47
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Questions have been asked previously about Int Vs Mod etc (I've read all the stickies) and I think the things Re-heat has said has explained fully why Integrated is preffered in BA.

Fair enough, I accept all of those things and agree with the notion - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

However you must be able to see why I and a few others are frustrated at this. Like I said, I am probably the few that actually would love a non-jet job. So I never started my training with an ambition to sit in a jet. But if I decide to go modular, it will always be in the back of my head that senior members of aviation (Re-heat - former concorde pilot?) will sub-concioulsy look down at Mod students due to failures that have happened before.

According to Re-heat and others, the school I choose will most probably not have the right equipment, tools, teachers or discipline required, and that my planning won't be as good as integrated cadets.

Now you say that this is policy and not your opinion. Really? is this what is written in stone outside the BA low-hours recruitment office? Do you have this written on serviettes in the canteen? I haven't seen this written on the website.

So this is obviously your take on things, something you believe in. Like I said, with a thousand-odd posts and a name like re-heat, I guess you are pretty high up which means if you believe this, then your peers will too.

Like I said, give me a prop over a jet any day of the week. I am lucky, but other mods out there would have sacrificed life and soul, just for the one hour flying they get at weekends. Can you imagine how they must feel reading what you wrote?

Sure at a Flybe interview they would say "Ooh yes, a Dash 8 I really want to fly that. I've always liked those type of planes". But the fact is the poster on their bedroom wall wasn't a dash-8, it was probably a 747 or a BA concorde. And now after all that hard work they have put in compared to an integrated cadet's parents who have ransomed their nice semi-their national airline due to past experience will consider their training to be of a lower quality - and hence the pilot will be of a lower quality.

Last edited by skyhighbird; 16th Mar 2009 at 19:02.