PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epaulette Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 08:12
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudder hard over
the Airline I work for has a policy, when in uniform on the way to work, full uniform to be worn, including cheese boards. SAAF was the same, flight caps on and smartly presented when going to and from work. SAAF's philophosy was to be proud to be an aviator, those who wern't in the SAAF probably don't have the same etiquette and felt the need to start this thread. They clearly have had no aviation grounding drummed into them by a square jawed searge installing the basics, or being chased round the hard stand by your instructor in a harvard for a slow scan....
Yeah, those damn civilians, because everybody knows - if you're a civilian you can't be trusted to dress properly! And don't get me started on how those communists/civilians couldn't even learn about aeroplanes out there in civilian land, what with the information and desire to learn all about it being freely available and all! You had to be chased around by some military guy, otherwise your knowledge and passion to fly means nothing! Sheesh! I'm going to do 50 pushups now, just to prove I'm not like them!

FFS's.....