PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview- What to wear
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 01:37
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
Hey Ryda,
When I did it in the NT I went for the middle ground. Ironed dress pants, ironed long sleeve dress shirt (no patterns or frills etc) , a decent belt and clean leather shoes.
I didn't wear a tie because I was aware that some operators think it's a bit w@nky. One or two page resume with no bullsh1t.
Remember that you are not heading out on he town, the person assessing you doesn't want you to look cool , they want you to look honest and reliable.
It's likely that the person you'l be talking to will be in their mid thirties or older. I'm in that age bracket and I find that some young fella's now days haven't been taught some of the basics and I have to admit I judge them on it. I'm not saying you fall in that catagory but just in case;
1/ Make sure your handshake is solid
2/ Look the person in the eye when shaking their hand.
3/About once a week I reckon I say to someone "hello how are you?" and the response I get is "G'day ,yeah good" ......................, When someone asks you how you are don't forget to ask how they are as part of your response. It shows that you are not a self centred person and have basic manners.
4/Don't put cr@p in your hair on interview day. It makes you look precious.
(If you are a girl disregard number four.)
What I have written above may seem like unimportant old-school bollox to many but I have put it up there because it might help someone if they are unfortunate enough to be interviewed by someone like me. In any case I don't think it will count against you if your interviewer is more............um.....progressive
Good luck mate.