PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - once your fully trained with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 23:01
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cptdvz

By starting yet another thread on RYR it will turn into another mud slinging match.

You should be worrying about finishing your degree and financing your flt training (without getting into debt) rather then speculation on how many hours you will be flying if you join Ryanair. I work for Ryanair, it is not my first job, but am very happy here in Bishops Stortford and so are others!

My answer to your question is that RYR need captains (although you will never get them to admit it). If they constantly restricted F/O's building hours in a resonable amount of time then they would never have enough F/O's to upgrade given their planned expansion and commanders leaving for pastures new. Even though they are bringing chargeable type ratings in house this company is so cost sensitive they wont have masses of co-pilots sittng around not flying - even if paid by the hour its costs money for line checks, sim every 6 months etc, etc.

And, from a meeting i sat in the other week at STN the number of co-pilots per airdraft is being reduced over the coming months to make more sectors available per F/O.

Get a non flying job when you graduate, save your money, go somewhere hot and sunny to train to be a pilot, do it as cheap as possible and have a good time. If some moron wants to commit commercial suicide by borrowing large sums to get a job with ryanair and spend the next 8yrs paying the majority of their salary to the bank and have no life, let them. I have no sympathy for such types.

Good luck to you.